About the Virtual Advising Project and ADVi
The Virtual Advising Project pairs artificial intelligence – a chatbot named ADVi, powered by AdmitHub – with knowledgeable advisers to help Texans get support and guidance as they navigate the college application process, returning to college, financial aid, and more.
When students opt in to support from ADVi, they receive:
- The ability to ask questions about college 24/7 via text,
- Backup support from virtual advisers if a student has needs or questions beyond what ADVi can provide,
- Student-friendly, accurate, and engaging messages about key college access milestones,
- Information and tips to help with their college applications, planning, and financial aid, and
- Resources to help navigate the transition to college.
All of this is provided free of charge (though depending on students’ cell phone plans, data and text rates may apply) and students may opt out or pause messaging anytime.
Check out our FAQs to learn more.
The goal of the Virtual Advising Project is to help ensure more Texans have the information they need to access higher education and complete their certificates or degrees at Texas colleges and universities. This project supports the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s 60x30TX higher education strategic plan.
The Virtual Advising Project is an effort of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.